Sunday, August 25, 2013

Life Lately

The past few weeks have been a blur. Work has been busy, Titus has started going to a babysitter during the day, and we found out we'll be moving to Texas. That's right. The Brooks fam is relocating from So Cal to The Lone Star State (more on that later). 

If you just asked me what we've been up to in the past 2-3 weeks, I don't think I could tell you. I feel like I've been in survival mode with a constant to-do list longer than I can accomplish each day. But... when I look through my iPhone photos (what in the world did I do before I had one of these?!) I remember we actually have had some moments of normalcy. 




Just some pics of San Diego traffic. I like living in cities. I despise traffic. I hate that it can take me 45 min or more to go 10 miles. Where I grew up, 10 miles = 10 minutes. I wonder how many years of city life it would take me to just accept that this is how it is??? I'm not there yet. 



Titus spends a lot of time with me in the kitchen... I think we need to upgrade his seat soon. He's used this since he was born (best $25 I've spent in a long time!) and he's starting to outgrow it.  









More kitchen sitting ;)



I've started making Titus baby food. So far we've done apples, carrots, peaches, sweet potatoes, and avocados. If you're interested in any of my baby food recipes click here







This is T "enjoying" his carrots. 





In just the past few weeks, Titus has decided he's a stomach sleeper. I lay him on his back every night and normally this is how I find him in the morning:






As I mentioned before, work has been pretty busy... I teach at a year-round school. We get one week off around July 4th, that's it. I love my profession, my students, and my co-workers. But I do miss my Summers off! Here's a chemistry project one of my kiddos did:







Being back at work after maternity leave has made me cherish my weekends. I love spending time with Chris, Titus, and our four legged family member, Lexi.



This is what our weekends look like nowadays (do people still say nowadays? I'm pretty sure in San Diego they don't... oh well...) 










Weekend Naps are the best!! 




















Thanks for stopping by! I'll update you all (or should I start saying ya'll?) on the Texas move soon! 

-Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment