Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Brooks' are moving to TEXAS!!

I'm really thankful I had a stable childhood. My parents moved around a little when I was really young, but growing up, I can really only remember living in 2 different houses... both in the same town (hey hey Marshall, IL!). The past 5 years have been a little bit different... I've lived in Carbondale, Chicago, and Bloomington, Illinois and in San Diego, CA. Chris' list includes all of those cities PLUS Robinson, IL and Borger, TX. We've been busy!! 

And it looks like this Brooks' family is relocating once again... 


Three months ago, if you would've told me I'd be moving to Texas this fall, I would have said you were crazy. But, then I would have had to apologize to you because we actually ARE moving to Texas! Chris was offered a great position with his company in the Dallas area. While we have enjoyed the experience of San Diego living, we are excited for what the future holds and think Texas will be a great fit for us. 

As soon as I found out we would be moving, I convinced Chris to start re-watching the entire "Friday Night Lights" series (it's my favorite!!) to mentally prepare for the craziness that is Texas football. 






Little Titus is also getting ready for life in Texas...




Game Face



Sometimes one football just isn't enough :)



Things got really real when our house listed. 




The past few weeks have been a whirlwind trying to figure out all of the details and get things in line for the big move. I've had moments where I've been cool, calm, and collected and then I've had moments where I've been so overwhelmed I think my brain has stopped working. We have about a million things to do between now and when we leave, but I know everything will work itself out. It always does! RIGHT?! 

This weekend, we decided to take advantage of some of our remaining time in Southern California and took Titus to the beach. We'll always think of him as our San Diego baby! 








That's all for now! Prayers and positive thoughts for our upcoming move would be much appreciated! 

-Alison


No comments:

Post a Comment