Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Summer.. so far!

I just finished my sixth year of teaching. That makes me feel old. It was my fourth school in six years, and I have now taught in three states, which makes my resume' look...interesting. But really, I feel blessed and thankful that I've had the opportunity to work with wonderful people and such a diverse population of students. AND, I feel blessed and thankful that I have been able to find work each time we have moved. Being a teacher is such a huge part of who I am and I know that I have been put in certain schools for a reason and even though there are tough, frustrating days, I will always always be honored to serve the kiddos in the community where I work. That being said, I am starting my second week of summer vacation and I couldn't be happier. In the past, I have always worked during the Summer... I taught Summer School part-time in Illinois, and my school in California was a year-round program. But since we moved to Texas and we have Titus, I wanted nothing more than to spend the entire Summer with him (with the exception of about a week at the end of June when he'll be going to stay with his grandparents!). 

So, currently, I'm in the middle of my second week of summer break and here's a little bit of what we've been up to...


We've explored downtown Dallas a bit... 





We've spent A LOT of time at the park...









We've spent a lot of time in the pool (TEXAS is HOT!!!!)...






And we've spent a lot of time catching up on housework and laundry. I didn't take any pictures of that! :)


Besides all of that, Titus still loves his dog (and she loves him!)...







We've also read of a lot of books... T is rarely still but the boy will sit to be read to. 


And we've stayed in our pajamas well into daytime (I'll spare you the pictures of me in my pj's!)...





All in all, I'd say this Summer is off to a great start!!! I know it will go fast, so I'm determined to make the most of it! :) 



Come back soon! :)

-Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment