...while responsible for the lives of a baby and a dog.
That's the short version. I'll spare all of the nitty gritty details that went into each one of those steps and just tell you all that we are very blessed and thankful that things have worked out the way they have. We have a great family and support system and we are forever grateful for that.
| Our Journey |
We now live in Allen, TX and are loving it! Chris and I have enjoyed our experiences living in big cities (Chicago & San Diego) and will cherish many memories from our time spent there...however, we are both originally from small towns and when it comes to raising a family we were looking to get back to something closer to our own roots. When the opportunity arose for us to move to the Dallas area, we decided we'd focus on living in one of the smaller communities on the outskirts of Dallas. Chris visited and fell in love with Allen. While it is not small in comparison to where we grew up (there are 80,000 people who live here), it has a great hometown feel while still having lots of diversity, shopping, restaurants, and things to do. Not to mention Southern hospitality. The people are so NICE!
Here are some photos that I snapped in San Diego, in the last few days leading up to our move!
These pictures were taken at a park near our San Diego home. Titus' first time on turf.
A lazy Sunday in CA.
I can't believe the California chapter of our life has ended. What an adventure. I feel lucky that we met such great people in our two years there. I'm so excited to see what this next chapter brings!
-Alison
No comments:
Post a Comment